[fpc-pascal]FPC on the press
fsl at centroin.com.br
Wed Jul 11 18:57:55 CEST 2001
> > article talks about projects like Lazarus and compares FPC with Delphi,
> > showing the advantages of each other (yes, FPC does have many advantages
> > over Kylix of you forget about RAD stuff)!
> Which ones ?
1. FPC is free software (liberty, not price)
2. FPC can use any GPL-ed library availabe. Kylix uses its own run-time libraries and units, which are not compatible (in terms of licensing) with the GPL
3. You can use FPC to develop new free software; you cannot with Kylix
4. FPC comes with GTK units. Even with the announced support of GTK on future releases of Kylix, it will generate fatter apps because of the CLX overhead (Lazarus clone of CLX has lower overhed by design than borland CLX)
5. FPC supports more plataforms
s, Fernando Lozano
More information about the fpc-pascal