[fpc-pascal]Problem using a function as a parameter

Mario Thaten mario at thaten.de
Mon Feb 12 19:35:10 CET 2001

Hi everybody,

I've got a maybe simple question. Today I stumbled about a problem I
can't determine. The way I saw it in Turbo Pascal years ago, I tried
to implement a function as a parameter to another function. I'll send
some example code below.

fpc yells at it with an Error: Wrong amount of parameters specified.
Is this not implemented in fpc or am I stuck somewhere else?

Thanks for your hints in advance,

yours, Mario

Here's some example code to show my problem:

--8<--

type funcparam = function(x : real):real;

   function f1(x : real):real;
   begin
      f1:=1/(x*x+1);
   end;

   function f2(x : real):real;
   begin
      f2:=x*x+1;
   end;

   function integral(a,e : real; f:funcparam):real;
   begin
      integral:=(f(a)+f(e))*0.5*(e-a);
   end;

begin