[fpc-pascal]fpc pascal (and Lazarus) still alive?

Keith Bowes keith_bowes at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 1 20:40:17 CET 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Aitor Santamaria Merino" <aitor.sm at wanadoo.es>
To: <fpc-pascal at deadlock.et.tudelft.nl>
Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2001 5:14 PM
Subject: Re: [fpc-pascal]fpc pascal (and Lazarus) still alive?

> In the Lazarus page there is a 1.0.5 (?)
>
> By the way, it seemed not to be updated for a while, and I was unlucky
> at compiling (under Linux) and using (!) it under Windows... a pitty, as
> the project seemed quite interesting to me, what about this?

The Lazarus project itself is still alive, but the web site is outdated.

One of the major problems with Lazarus on Windows is that Lazarus uses GTK+
as the default widget set.  GTK+ for Windows was created in order to port
some significant X programs to Windows, but I don't think it's very suitable
for creating distributed GUI Windows programs.