[fpc-pascal](no subject)

Full_Name memsom at post.interalpha.co.uk
Tue Aug 21 16:42:43 CEST 2001

Quoting "Michael A. Hess" <mhess at miraclec.com>:

> Full_Name wrote:
> >
> > Touché, mi amigo. However, I'm currently too busy on the BeOS port..
>
> No offense Matt but you are criticizing the FPC team for doing what you
> consider to be useless unecessary modes in the compiler and then you
> state that you are porting to BeOS.

I'm a Delphi programmer. 1.1 is amazing. I've had a play with it, and it passes
my simple interface test :-)

At home I'm a BeOS user. I have no interest in Windows - I'm sick to death of
it. Porting to BeOS is fun. No one cares, no one want's it (although the
interest in it is pretty amazing.)

> I think you will find many more
> people interested in using the various modes of FPC then you will every
> find interested in a BeOS port.

Yep. I never said BeOS was popular, or that a port would be popular. It's a
pointless waste of time. Just as the Amiga port is now.

I'd like to see a Mac port for Power PC though. Not that I'm offering to do it,
mind.

> My point isn't to criticize you but to make you see that while you find
> a BeOS port valuable,

No, it's useless. BeOS is dead, but I'm enjoying myself and it gets me away
from Windows. I'm also learning C++ at the same time.

> So in the same light please be aware that some
> people might consider the other modes of the compiler to be just as
> important as a BeOS port is to you.    :-)

They must really hate FPC if they do ;-)

--

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids,
we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and