[fpc-pascal]sockets under win32

Fernando Lozano fsl at centroin.com.br
Fri Aug 17 21:15:46 CEST 2001

Benno,

> are the socksvr/sockcli examples from fcl only for linux or also for win32.
> i can not make them, got the impression, ssockets is only for linux. is
> there other example code avaiable on how to use sockets (or winsock) on a
> win32 system? any help would be appreciated.

I have compiled a linux sample program (built my myself as part of a
computer science course, I am teacher) on Windows 98 and it behaves very
funny: If I run under gdbpasw it works as expected, but if I run the
program on the DOS prompt it displays garbage... Is this a bug on the
Windows socket unit (fpc 1.0.4) or is it something about using a DOS
box?

[]s, Fernando Lozano