[fpc-devel] Unnoticed bug report

Werner Pamler werner.pamler at freenet.de
Fri Jun 28 09:44:50 CEST 2024

Please don't misunderstand  my word "de-motivating" as criticism, I
should not have used it, sorry.

Am 27.06.2024 um 16:51 schrieb Michael Van Canneyt via fpc-devel:
> We're not a company with a policy on a guaranteed response time.
> We all have day-time jobs.
>
> Gitlab notifies me of new bugreports. If I don't somehow interact with
> them,
> then I will not be notified of follow-up messages, so your follow-up
> messages (including patches) are not seen by me (or, so I suspect,
> anyone else in the team).
>
> As a consequence, things may go unnoticed, this is not a reflection
> on the seriousness of an issue or quality of the patch.
I having the same experience as Laz-dev: I see a report which looks
interesting, but cannot address it at the moment. Not sure whether I
really can fix the issue I do not assign it to myself at this moment.
And later, when I could have a closer look, that report has scrolled
down the list and is no longer seen readily...

> Feel free to contact us here or by other means if you feel that a
> bugreport
> is ignored.

Thank you