[fpc-devel] Changes to TProcess

Michalis Kamburelis michalis.kambi at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 18:48:13 CET 2024

Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
> Needless to say, the component remains backwards compatible.
>
> There is now a testsuite for the TProcess command, so everything was tested.
> but nothing beats testing in the wild, so I would appreciate it if people
> could test it and provide feedback.

Great additions -- making it easier to use pipes is important, and
it's very natural to be able to connect with pipes a few TProcess
instances.

I tested the changes with Castle Game Engine (not using new features
yet, just tested it is backwards-compatible for us), it works great.
We use TProcess in our build tool and editor (editor runs build tool,
build tool can run FPC and other programs).

Regards,
Michalis