[fpc-devel] fnmatch (linux), where is the external

robert rozee rozee at mail.com
Tue Oct 17 14:37:23 CEST 2023

Sent: Wednesday, October 18, 2023 at 1:13 AM
From: "Mattias Gaertner via fpc-devel" <fpc-devel at lists.freepascal.org>
> What packages are listed in the project inspector?

you mean for my test application when it is opened in the Lazarus IDE?

Files
    project1.lpr
    unit1.pas
Required Packages
    LCL

i would strongly recommend you simply creating a x86 64-bit Linux VM and duplicating the process i outlined at the start. the problem manifests when trying to compile _any_ GTK2 GUI application - although i must admit i've not tried with just a blank form! as Marco has pointed out, i discovered the problem while developing a patch to the compiler, but the problem is not related to the patch. my suspicion is that the function fnmatch (as defined in /usr/share/fpcsrc/3.2.2/packages/gtk2/src/gtk+/gtk/fnmatch.inc, line 36-37) is used by the compiler when it is compiling any GTK2 GUI application, and that the compiler is dependent upon the function doing or returning something very different to what glibc's fnmatch does. but figuring the what/how is contingent on finding out where lines 36-37 resolve to.

cheers,
rob   :-)