[fpc-devel] Record representation clauses

Wayne Sherman wsherman at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 00:32:17 CET 2023

On Sun, Nov 12, 2023 at 9:14 PM dave--- wrote:
>         I am currently working on defining records to describe memory-mapped
> registers on the Raspberry Pi's arm/aarch64 processor. It is painful and
> brittle to do this in Pascal. Recent versions of Ada/GNAT allow one to
> define both field location and byte-order in a record representation clause.

Some short code examples that show what you are trying to do would be helpful.

ARM is little endian, does that differ from the byte-order of some registers?

Some relevant discussions:
https://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,46017.0.html
https://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php?topic=49492.0
https://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,19107.msg113485.html#msg113485