[fpc-devel] Record representation clauses

dave at synergy.org dave at synergy.org
Mon Nov 13 06:14:42 CET 2023

Hello,
	I am currently working on defining records to describe memory-mapped
registers on the Raspberry Pi's arm/aarch64 processor. It is painful and
brittle to do this in Pascal. Recent versions of Ada/GNAT allow one to
define both field location and byte-order in a record representation clause.
Has there been any discussion of extending fpc to allow this? Has a syntax
been discussed? I looked on the future list and did not see anything
related.
	Thanks,
	Dave