[fpc-devel] Function for translation "normalized" Unicode strings into strings with composed characters?

Denis Kozlov dezlov at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 12:42:59 CEST 2023

The canonic decomposition (NFD) can be performed with
UnicodeData.NormalizeNFD function in FPC, but I don't think there is an
implementation of canonical composition (NFC) in FPC. It would be great
to have one!

On Windows, you can perform both NFD and NFC via NormalizeString API
function.
https://learn.microsoft.com/windows/win32/api/winnls/nf-winnls-normalizestring

Regards,
Denis