[fpc-devel] Test suite error wrong PPU

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 24 10:52:22 CEST 2022

Hairy Pixels <genericptr at gmail.com> schrieb am Fr., 24. Juni 2022, 03:45:

> > On Jun 23, 2022, at 11:52 PM, Sven Barth <pascaldragon at googlemail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > As you can see at the end (see below) it falls back to 3.2.2 at the end.
> What commands did you execute to build FPC itself?
> >

> I have no idea what it did that. I’ve done this many times so I’m confused
> as to what changed.
>
> I used a modified ppcaarch64.lpi file to build the compiler (from the
> compiler sources itself) which I see uses 3.2.2 but then in the next lines
> of output you can see where I use the newly built compiler to run a program
> and it’s 3.3.1.
>
> lazbuild
> /Users/ryanjoseph/Developer/fpc-gitlab/compiler/ryan_ppcaarch64.lpi
> Hint: (lazarus) Build Project: nothing to do.
> Free Pascal Compiler version 3.2.2 [2021/05/16] for aarch64
> Copyright (c) 1993-2021 by Florian Klaempfl and others
> (1002) Target OS: Darwin for AArch64
> (3104) Compiling pp.pas
> (3104) Compiling pgenutil.pas
> (9009) Assembling pgenutil
> (9009) Assembling pp
> (9015) Linking /Users/ryanjoseph/Developer/fpc-gitlab/compiler/aarch64/pp
> (1008) 4179 lines compiled, 0.7 sec
> /Users/ryanjoseph/Developer/fpc-gitlab/compiler/aarch64/pp -vbr -gw
> -godwarfcpp
> -o/Users/ryanjoseph/Developer/Projects/FPC/compiler_gitlab/tests/bin/test
> -XR/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk
> -Fu/Users/ryanjoseph/Developer/fpc-gitlab/rtl/units/aarch64-darwin
> -FU/Users/ryanjoseph/Developer/Projects/FPC/compiler_gitlab/output
> /Users/ryanjoseph/Developer/Projects/FPC/compiler_gitlab/tests/various/undefined_proc_var.pp
> Free Pascal Compiler version 3.3.1 [2022/06/12] for aarch64

It is not recommended to use the Lazarus project to build a compiler that
is then used to run the testsuite. Please do a complete, ordinary build of
FPC before running the testsuite. To do this execute the following in the
main directory:

make FPMAKEOPT="-T <number of cores> -j <number of cores>

Where you replace "<number of cores>" with the amount of threads you want
to use.

If that finishes successfully then and only then you execute the testsuite
with the compiler in compiler/ppca64.

Regards,
Sven