[fpc-devel] I've asked this before, but perhaps I wasn't specific enough that time: what do I *personally*, specifically need to do to ensure that a native Windows 64-bit build winds up on the FPC website for the next release?

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 14 07:32:59 CET 2022

Am 14.01.2022 um 05:20 schrieb Ben Grasset via fpc-devel:
> On Thu, Jan 13, 2022 at 9:20 AM Travis Siegel via fpc-devel
> <fpc-devel at lists.freepascal.org> wrote:
>
>     I wasn't aware of the whole MS not supporting the FPU thing, that was
>     the missing puzzle piece.
>

> It's not a realistic concern in actuality. There's a reasonĀ almost
> every other compiler just continues to generate x87 FPU instructions
> on x64 Windows when appropriate the same way they do for whatever
> other platforms are supported.

Just FYI what Delphi writes in their documentation (
https://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/Sydney/en/Simple_Types_(Delphi)#Real_Types
):

On i386 Windows Extended is 80-bit, on x86_64 Linux, i386 macOS and i386
iOS simulator it's 128-bit and on all other platforms (which includes
x86_64 Windows) it's 64-bit.

So Delphi went the same way as we did.

Regards,
Sven