[fpc-devel] Adding new units to the compiler project

J. Gareth Moreton gareth at moreton-family.com
Wed Feb 17 20:06:52 CET 2021

Hi everyone,

I'm currently doing some experiments with vectorisation on x86
platforms.  One thing this might entail is a new platform-specific unit
(e.g. "x86/nx86bas.pas").  What's the usual configuration required for
the projects to see the unit and use the overridden classes within?

Currently within the unit I have the type "tx86statementnode =
class(tcgstatementnode)" and then in the begin...end (initialization)
block of the unit, I set cstatementnode to equal tx86statementnode, but
of course the compiler doesn't know about this new unit yet and so
doesn't use it.  I've tried to study some of the project files but they
seem to favour search paths over using specific units.

Gareth aka. Kit

P.S. The final result may not use an overridden statement node. I'm
researching and experimenting!