[fpc-devel] I've asked this before, but perhaps I wasn't specific enough that time: what do ...

Nikolai Zhubr n-a-zhubr at yandex.ru
Sun Dec 19 14:21:57 CET 2021

Hi!

19.12.2021 12:33, Florian Klämpfl via fpc-devel:
> And the main obstacle for 80 bit softfloat support are the library
> routines (log, exp etc.).

Just out of curiosity, couldn't bochs' x87 fpu implementation be of some
use here?
It is approx 12k of C code and it is LGPL. Supposedly it is not fast but
conformant.
Or does it need to be (re-)implemented in Pascal itself?
(Not implying it would be easy anyway, but still)

Regards,
Nikolai