[fpc-devel] Installer and %path%

Bart bartjunk64 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 14:45:16 CEST 2021

Hi,

Just installed 3.2.2RC1.
All OK.

Just one minor issue.
The installer asked me if it was OK to remove the path to 3.2.0 form
my systems %path%.
I agreed.
It then added the path to 3.2.2.

However, it did not do that in the place where the path to 3.2.0 was,
but added it as last.
So on my first "make clean" I got a staggering 1300 errors.
Becuase now the path to Delphi 7's executables (and thus their
make.exe) was in front of the path to 3.2.2.
Because of the 1300 errors, it was not immediatley obvious I invoked
the wrong make.exe (it does write it's version and copyright, but that
was flushed away by all errors).

Is it at all possible to have the installer just update the old
reference in %path% to the new one?
e.g.
c:\windows\;c:\path\to\old\fpc;c:\delphi\bin
becomes
c:\windows\;c:\path\to\new\fpc;c:\delphi\bin
and not
c:\windows\;c:\delphi\bin;c:\path\to\new\fpc

--
Bart