[fpc-devel] Trunk does not build on AArch64

J. Gareth Moreton gareth at moreton-family.com
Sun Oct 18 12:25:11 CEST 2020

I can't remember for sure - it might have been 3.0.4, so I'm probably
asking for trouble now.  When I get back later I'll check for sure and
try a few things and get back to you.  At least it's confirmed that it
actually did not compile!

For the curious, I'm looking to implement the optimisation of converting
a division by a constant into a multiplication and a shift for AArch64,
inspired by me playing around with my own assembly-written generator
function in the other e-mail thread.  I made the comment about ADDS,
forgetting about suffixes, because of how 'magic add' is handled when
required (e.g. when dividing by 7 for 32-bit).

Gareth aka. Kit