[fpc-devel] Error building xtensa rtl

Christo Crause christo.crause at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 22:07:03 CEST 2020

On Sun, Mar 29, 2020 at 11:00 PM Florian Klämpfl <florian at freepascal.org>
wrote:

> Am 29.03.20 um 22:46 schrieb Christo Crause via fpc-devel:
> > It seems that a different instruction sequence should be used for sign
> > extension for the lx106 subarch.
>
> Ok, I see. Let me first integrate everything done so far in trunk, then
> we can continue with the details :)

I've noticed GCC uses the SLLI + SRAI instructions to perform sign
extension on ESP8266.

Since different CPUs can support different subsets of the Xtensa
instructions do you think a finalizecode type function can be used as a
post code generation step to map unsupported instructions to alternative
sequences?