[fpc-devel] FPC and Z80

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 10 07:57:05 CEST 2020

PopolonY2K <popolony2k at popolony2k.com.br> schrieb am Mi., 10. Juni 2020,
00:38:

> Thank you.
>
> My library is very complete, 100% MSXBIOS, MSXDOS and MSXDOS2, Memory
> mapper and several others implementations ready, but they are working just
> with TP3.
>
> Features like Inline code are provided by FPC by using Asm/EndAsm.

Correct. You'll need to rewrite any assembly code due to FPC having
mnemonic based inline assembly. But to keep compatibility with TP you could
use ifdefs for this (e.g. $ifdef fpc).

> But how to deal with absolute variables in FPC ? I think in older TP for
> PC is possible using absolute with address notation in the same way as old
> 16 bit style [Seg:Ofs], is this correct ?
>
> But in machine with absolute addressing like Z80, the behavior of absolute
> variables are the same as TP3 ?

As Z80 doesn't have segmentation like i8086 it's simply the same as for
every other platform we support:

var
  SomeVar: Int8 absolute $1234;

Regards,