[fpc-devel] ftfont and FreeType

Werner Pamler werner.pamler at freenet.de
Fri Jul 17 18:53:48 CEST 2020

Am 17.07.2020 um 17:26 schrieb Michael Van Canneyt:
> It is exactly the opposite.
>
> It can now load the DLL dynamically.
>
> home:~/fpc/packages/fcl-image/src> svn log freetypeh.pp
> r37865 | michael | 2017-12-29 15:22:33 +0100 (Fri, 29 Dec 2017) | 1 line
>
> Dynamic use of freetype lib
>
> You can use unit freetypeh.pp which links statically (as it was)
> or freetypehdyn.pp which loads dynamically.
>
> fpReport does require the presence of freetype. In order to be able to
> install it in Lazarus without requiring the presence of a dll, the
> ability
> to load freetype dll dynamically was added.
Please excuse my ignorance: How can I change using freetypeh instead of
freetypedyn (which is default and thus breaks existing code)? This is
inside ftfont which is out of reach from my Lazarus program. I do not
want to force a user of a short demo program to recompile the FCL. Or
maybe I am completely lost...