[fpc-devel] Linux Binary - Socket Output affected by SystemCtl, HELP!

Nikolai Zhubr n-a-zhubr at yandex.ru
Wed Jan 29 16:52:34 CET 2020

Hi!

29.01.2020 18:07, Ozz Nixon via fpc-devel:
> 1. My code does not directly interact with any environment variables.

Ok.

> ExecStart=/usr/local/bin/coderunner2

I'd suggest, as a quick and horrible temporary hack/test, replace this
direct binary call with a shell wrapper, lets name it e.g.
coderunner2.sh, containing something like:

#!/bin/sh
echo "LANG=$LANG" >>/tmp/test.txt
echo "LOCALE=$LOCALE" >>/tmp/test.txt
export LC_ALL=C
/usr/local/bin/coderunner2

(Put it into /usr/local/bin/ as otherwise systemd might refuse it; I
suppose the script is simple enough to be self-explanatory)

> 3. I do not see anything in that file that would override socket output.

Sure.

> 5. per wireshark, tcpdump (if the same) - it shows '?' is being sent
> when the daemon is managed by systemctl, and the expected 8bit is sent
> when ran at the shell prompt.

That proves the problem is unrelated to sockets. Is is related to
string/encoding handling.

HTH...

Regards,
Nikolai