[fpc-devel] The new XMM intrinsics

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Sat Jan 18 12:53:29 CET 2020

Am 18.01.2020 um 12:46 schrieb Florian Klämpfl:
> Am 16.01.20 um 23:22 schrieb J. Gareth Moreton:
>> Hey everyone,
>>
>> Maybe I'm being a bit pedantic with this, but must we abide by C/C++
>> standards and go by the name __m128 etc. for the 128-bit data type?
>
> They can be added additionally. After some thinking, I came to the
> conclusion we should first go with the same naming C uses (as we do in
> every library header meanwhile), on top of this some more pascalish
> way can be added.
But these are not library headers. These are going to be base language
types and I don't see a real reason to follow the C convention here,
only because they were the first and other developers might easily
recognize them this way. As mentioned in my other mail we don't have the
name conflict problem that C/C++ faced when adding these types.

Regards,
Sven