[fpc-devel] Might need some help with this one

J. Gareth Moreton gareth at moreton-family.com
Tue Dec 1 02:05:51 CET 2020

I got a fix.

It's not perfect because CSE becomes less efficient, but it appears to
fix the bug.  Someone with more knowledge of this part of the compiler
might be able to improve on it in the future. x86_64-win64 and
aarch64-linux tests all pass.  I'm not yet sure if it fixes the -O2 bugs
reported on aarch64 specifically - those will have to be tested when
this fix (or another one) goes live.

Gareth aka. Kit