[fpc-devel] Windows Console App

Ozz Nixon ozznixon at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 02:21:13 CEST 2020

Anyone ever experience making a console app (cross-platform), but, on
windows when the app finishes, it appears to have put an uppercase C or D
in the keyboard buffer, so the Prompt now has C:\>D<cursor>  ???

Every time I run my app, be it show help screen and end, or actually
execute - when it finishes I end up with a letter sitting at the prompt. (A
few months ago, I was having a problem, and it was related to compiling all
of the methods with cdecl. That build would leave a stray "C" at the start
of the prompt upon exiting. Now, I ran into a new problem where I needed to
recompile with -FcUTF8 to track down which units it thought were having a
UTF-8 mismatch... it was showing the wrong unit until I used the -FcUTF8
compile option, then it actually showed what file had '<highbit ascii>'
strings ... so I switched to #<byte_number> and it compiles, but, the
prompts have "D" at the start of them now.    (hopefully I described that

Environment: Windows XP 32bit

If no one else has experienced/has a solution, I will sit down and bang out
test cases until I find what combination (units, code, whatever) is
producing this result.

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.freepascal.org/pipermail/fpc-devel/attachments/20200425/7fc7508a/attachment-0001.html>

More information about the fpc-devel mailing list