[fpc-devel] Attn Michael: r 43417 (ordinal bithelpers)

Jonas Maebe jonas at freepascal.org
Sat Nov 9 17:02:53 CET 2019

> Let me know what you need extra to be able to run them with the compiler
> testsuite.

Do you know which tests were copied from the existing testsuite at some
point? E.g. utrwsync.pp is derived from an old (buggy) version of
tests/test/sysutils/trwsync.pp

> Normally you can run them and have them report an exit code as the usual
> testsuite program. With minor changes they can probably produce a report
> similar to the one used by the compiler testsuite: the output is
> configurable just as in fcl-fpcunit.

We don't need custom-formatted reports for the testsuite, just exit
codes from individual test programs. It seems we can easily create those
by simply creating programs that include individual units. The punit
unit can be moved to tests/tstunits when the other ones are moved to the
appropriate directories under tests/test/units, so it will be
automatically found when compiling them.

Jonas