[fpc-devel] When will the next version of FPC be released?

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Thu May 30 11:52:37 CEST 2019

On Thu, 30 May 2019, Marco van de Voort wrote:

> Op 2019-05-30 om 11:43 schreef Michael Van Canneyt:
>> The branch has been made, I am slowly bringing the documentation
>> up-to-date,
>>>
>>> Speaking of which, I enabled unit bufdatatset in the FCL docs
>>> yesterday. I thought the stale references were a bug in fpdoc/chm,
>>> turned out the unit was simply not parsed ;)
>>
>> An oversight on my end it seems, thank you very much !
>>
> I mention it because it might be worthwhile to check if all XMLs are
> enabled in the makefile. (conversion to fpdoc project to make it easier?
> An unit has to be added in 3 places in the makefile)

Not any more. The project file is used ?

home:~/docs> make pdf -n
../compiler/utils/msg2inc -TE ../compiler/msg/errore.msg messages.inc
rm -f user.aux user.idx  user.ilg  user.ind  user.log  user.out  user.toc user.tmp user.xref user.4ht
cp -f preamble.report preamble.inc
pdflatex user
makeindex user.idx
pdflatex user
makeindex user.idx
pdflatex user
../utils/fpdoc/bin/x86_64-linux/fpdoc  --macro=FPCDIR=.. --output=rtl.inc --project=rtl-project.xml --format=latex
rm -f rtl.aux rtl.idx  rtl.ilg  rtl.ind  rtl.log  rtl.out  rtl.toc rtl.tmp rtl.xref rtl.4ht
cp -f preamble.report preamble.inc
pdflatex rtl
makeindex rtl.idx
pdflatex rtl
makeindex rtl.idx
pdflatex rtl
rm -f ref.aux ref.idx  ref.ilg  ref.ind  ref.log  ref.out  ref.toc ref.tmp ref.xref ref.4ht
cp -f preamble.report preamble.inc
pdflatex ref
makeindex ref.idx
pdflatex ref
makeindex ref.idx
pdflatex ref
../utils/fpdoc/bin/x86_64-linux/fpdoc --macro=FPCDIR=.. --output=fcl.inc --project=fcl-project.xml --format=latex
rm -f fcl.aux fcl.idx  fcl.ilg  fcl.ind  fcl.log  fcl.out  fcl.toc fcl.tmp fcl.xref fcl.4ht
cp -f preamble.report preamble.inc
pdflatex fcl
makeindex fcl.idx
pdflatex fcl
makeindex fcl.idx
pdflatex fcl

Similar for html ?

> Anyway, another thing that might require some attention is "strict
> protected" and -private \keywordlinks in the REF manual. IOW making sure
> that keywordlinks with spaces work in all file formats.

Here we are at the mercy of the latex converter...

Michael.