[fpc-devel] "Case statement does not handle all possible cases" Warning

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Sun May 19 19:22:40 CEST 2019

Michael Van Canneyt <michael at freepascal.org> schrieb am So., 19. Mai 2019,
13:51:

> On Sun, 19 May 2019, Jonas Maebe wrote:
>
> > On 19/05/2019 13:25, Sven Barth via fpc-devel wrote:
> >> And don't get me started about ">>". That one is going to annoy me
> >> enough once I add support for nested specializations -.-
> >
> > Current C++ standards requires a space between the two > signs for
> > nested templates, so I think it would be fine if we were to require that
> > as well. Although I supposed that would be Delphi-incompatible...
>
> I think we can argue that adding a space adds to clarity.

At work when we still used VS 2008 I had to add the space to such
declarations which looked simply ugly that way. When we switched to VS 2013
which allowed to drop the space I did just that right away resulting in
much more pleasing looking sequences of characters.
Please note that this doesn't stop anyone from using a space there, but for
me the one without space looks better - especially as the IDE highlights
types differently than the brackets.

Regards,
Sven