[fpc-devel] test/cg/variants/tnofalvarol.pp

J. Gareth Moreton gareth at moreton-family.com
Fri May 3 17:48:15 CEST 2019

So I was doing some refactoring work, and ran the test suites to see if
nothing broke.  It turned out that I got a single failure in
test/cg/variants/tnofalvarol.pp - seems a little odd because my changes
weren't meant to change the output of binary files in any way.  But
looking at the test in question, all I get is a wall of $include
definitions.  Running it in Lazarus isn't too helpful either because the
stack trace doesn't reveal where the erroneous line is, only that seven
levels down, an error occurs in "destructor tdynarrayiter.done;" in the
variants unit, but doesn't know which line exactly - exception
EVariantError with message: "Invalid variant type cast".

I suppose what I'm trying to get at is that this test is not very
self-contained and is very hard to debug if it happens to fail, and I
would consider rewriting or replacing it.

Gareth aka. Kit

---