[fpc-devel] fpcmkcfg and fpc.cfg questions

Joost van der Sluis joost at cnoc.nl
Tue Mar 26 18:01:36 CET 2019

On 3/25/19 6:24 PM, Bart wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 25, 2019 at 1:55 PM Joost van der Sluis <joost at cnoc.nl> wrote:
>
>> That's correct. That's why it should be provided on the command-line.
>>
>> fpcmkcfg only shows the values of all defined macro's. For example, try
>> 'fpcmkcfg -d foo=jojo -m'.
>
> As an end user howvere I do not even know that such a thing like
> BASEPATH can be set at all.
> The only way to know is to study the sourcecode (fpccfg.inc).
> IMO to should show all macro's it uses, even if it is empty: eg.:
> BASEPATH=

Fpcmkcfg can not know what macro's are used in a template? (You can also
use your own template)

Yeah, it could parse the template. But it's just a simple tool.

>>> LOCALBASEPATH=$LOCAL_APPDATA\FreePascal\fppkg   //odd name for fppkg
>>> specific folder?
>>
>> It's being used for ages... You mean the 'FreePascal' part?
>
> I meant that LOCALFPPKGBASEPATH  would have made more sense to me.
> LOCALBASEPATH to me suggests what BASEPATH seems to be...
> (I really hop I make myself clear.)

You mean that it is strange, because in the fpc.cfg template the same
name is used for the fpc-prefix. While here it is used as fppkg prefix?

Well, in fpc.cfg -> fpc prefix, in fppkg.cfg -> fppkg prefix. I can live
with that.

Regards,

Joost.