[fpc-devel] fpcmkcfg and fpc.cfg questions

Bart bartjunk64 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 25 18:24:21 CET 2019

On Mon, Mar 25, 2019 at 1:55 PM Joost van der Sluis <joost at cnoc.nl> wrote:

> That's correct. That's why it should be provided on the command-line.
>
> fpcmkcfg only shows the values of all defined macro's. For example, try
> 'fpcmkcfg -d foo=jojo -m'.

As an end user howvere I do not even know that such a thing like
BASEPATH can be set at all.
The only way to know is to study the sourcecode (fpccfg.inc).
IMO to should show all macro's it uses, even if it is empty: eg.:
BASEPATH=

> > LOCALBASEPATH=$LOCAL_APPDATA\FreePascal\fppkg   //odd name for fppkg
> > specific folder?
>
> It's being used for ages... You mean the 'FreePascal' part?

I meant that LOCALFPPKGBASEPATH  would have made more sense to me.
LOCALBASEPATH to me suggests what BASEPATH seems to be...
(I really hop I make myself clear.)

--
Bart