[fpc-devel] Sorry for poor testing

J. Gareth Moreton gareth at moreton-family.com
Mon Jan 14 19:01:51 CET 2019

 Aah cool.  Thanks for that tip.  Hmmm... I see "riot" in the flags... I
think it's going to be a riot with the errors found!

 Gareth aka. Kit

 On Mon 14/01/19 18:17 , Pierre Muller pierre at freepascal.org sent:
 Hi all,

 Le 14/01/2019 à 15:01, J. Gareth Moreton a écrit :
 > Hi everyone,
 >
 > I apologise I didn't properly test my case block improvements,
especially where optimising for size is concerned.  As someone who has
worked in SQA, I should have known better.

 > I've also spotted a potential overflow condition (in some situations,
max_dist can become negative) - this is thankfully disguised, but I would
like to properly trap it and handle it cleanly and safely.

 You should try to add
 -CriotR to OPT when cycliing the compiler,
 as it might find the overfows for you...
 and even also do
 make fullcycle OPT="-n -CriotR -gl"
 as testing the change for 16 bit address
 CPU can also reveal more range checking/overflow exceptions.

 Pierre

Links:
------
[1] mailto:fpc-devel at lists.freepascal.org