[fpc-devel] Sorry for poor testing

J. Gareth Moreton gareth at moreton-family.com
Mon Jan 14 15:01:26 CET 2019

 Hi everyone,

 I apologise I didn't properly test my case block improvements, especially
where optimising for size is concerned.  As someone who has worked in SQA,
I should have known better.
 I've also spotted a potential overflow condition (in some situations,
max_dist can become negative) - this is thankfully disguised, but I would
like to properly trap it and handle it cleanly and safely.

 Martok mentioned doing some checks differently in the bug report in
question, such as 6 comparisons being faster than a jump table.  Are there
any others worth mentioning?

 Gareth aka. Kit