[fpc-devel] Haiku/x86-64 (Was: Proposal to adapt search patch under Haiku using a target specific option (-WH).)

Karoly Balogh (Charlie/SGR) charlie at scenergy.dfmk.hu
Fri Jan 4 07:42:10 CET 2019

Hi,

On Fri, 4 Jan 2019, Olivier Coursière via fpc-devel wrote:

> > There seems to be something wrong with the signal setup so strace is
> > used to hide a fatal error... Also file handling doesn't really work
> > now. But even to get to this level in a few hours was nice.
> For signal handling, my bet would be a problem in declarations of types
> used in the API. A quick check indicate that i have overlooked some
> architecture specific declarations in signal.inc. Some parts should be
> in a sighndh.inc in an arch specific directory. It was not a problem
> until now ;-)

Well, indeed this was the case. packed records are not the way to go when
interfacing with C code, to say the least, but there were other minor bits
as well. As of r40764, the 64bit compiler works. (Well, it can compile a
"hello, world!" to a working executable at least, make cycle I haven't
tested yet.) Lets hope I did not break 32bit in the process... :]

> Maybe there is a similar problem for file access functions.

Yes, the usual problem with BSD/Unix ports, the stat and dirent records
were out of alignment for 64bit. Lets hope I managed to fully fix it...

I think I'm going to progress towards moving also the 32bit RTL to the
Pascal sysinit/startup functions and making sure make cycle works on both
versions. Then lets figure out what to do with that GCC 4 path patch,
which I also don't really like TBH... But we'll see. After that it's back
to you, probably. :)

Cheers,
--
Charlie