[fpc-devel] "Blank slate" next version of FPC

Ryan Joseph ryan at thealchemistguild.com
Sun Feb 17 16:26:51 CET 2019

> On Feb 17, 2019, at 3:24 AM, Sven Barth via fpc-devel <fpc-devel at lists.freepascal.org> wrote:
>
> Blaise is still working on it. Some bugs still need to be fixed and then he needs to adjust the code to the points of criticism I had given. Most importantly however are the missing tests. Even if the feature would be perfectly fine and ready to merge I won't integrate it without enough tests that ensure me that we don't break it again with the next possible commit.

Maybe you can ask him if he wants to turn over his progress to the public so maybe one of us can finish it for him. I’ve been hearing about it almost being done for a few years now and like Ben this is the probably the most needed feature to make our lives easier.

As an intermediate measure I was able to make nested functions anonymous but Sven wanted to wait for the real thing.

Regards,
	Ryan Joseph