[fpc-devel] 3.0.4 and Windows 64

Ozz Nixon ozznixon at gmail.com
Sun Sep 30 17:17:48 CEST 2018

A few years ago I acquired IP rights to Halcyon (xBase for Delphi/FPC). For
years, I have not had an issue, today, I am recompiling the suite (zero
code changes) - 3.0.4 Linux - no problems, 3.0.4 Mac - no problems.
However, 3.0.4 Windows - I am getting:

Halcyon6SQL.pas(1407,41) Error: Can't determine which overloaded function
to call
Halcyon6SQL.pas(1752,34) Error: Can't determine which overloaded function
to call
Halcyon6SQL.pas(2413) Fatal: There were 2 errors compiling module, stopping
Fatal: Compilation aborted

Code is basically doing:

   Int64 := trunc(variant);

had to change to type cast:

   Int64 := trunc(Extended(variant));

the there error I am getting, code is basically doing:

   comp := double*10000;

Halcyon6DBF.pas(2123,33) Error: Incompatible types: got "Double" expected
"Int64"

This last one, I am not sure what the compiler is expecting, and why only
on the Windows platform?

Ozz