[fpc-devel] Graphical RAD IDE in FPC

Ralf Quint freedos.la at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 19:45:29 CEST 2018

On 9/17/2018 10:40 AM, Alexander via fpc-devel wrote:
>> In fact, you SHOULD use native OS widgets
> I SHOULD ??? Not-not. I NOT SHOULD something in principle.
>
> In GNU/Linux Core and widgets is independent.
>
> "Native" (dictate) "widgets" is only in Windows. It bad OS and relegate delete.
>
> GNU/Linux is infinity more power OS, than Windows.
>
> I known cross-platform method, but say not about it.
> For GNU/Linux need RAD IDE coincide power and possibles. This **systems** not equal.
Again, I am sorry Alexander, but you need to get out of the house and
"smell the roses". Take off your blinders, the real world is far
different from what you imagine/pretend it to be.

It's not only Windows vs Linux (seems you are effected by Stallmanitis),
but this applies for macOS as well. Or OS/2. Or any other OS that
Lazarus (which is the IDE for FreePascal, among a couple others) supports.
As Michael already mentioned, FreePascal is just a compiler, if you want
to discuss ANY RAD environment, please use a more appropriate mailing
list, fpc-devel is only about the compiler itself...

Ralf

---