[fpc-devel] The 15k bounty: Optimizing executable speed for Linux x86 / LLVM

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Sun Oct 28 00:46:18 CEST 2018

Ben Grasset <operator97 at gmail.com> schrieb am So., 28. Okt. 2018, 00:29:

> On Sat, Oct 27, 2018 at 1:38 PM Florian Klämpfl <florian at freepascal.org>
> wrote:
>
>> That it is useful to work on table based exception handling for all
>> targets
>>

> Not arguing with that at all. I was just trying to point out that I'm not
> a fan of the idea that FPC's code generators are "good enough" as is.

And no one said that it is. But points like table based exception handling
and section based threadvars can be relatively easily achieved and benefits
more targets while working on the optimizer usually is a per platform work.
Except of course for optimizations that can be done on the platform
independent node tree.

Regards,
Sven