[fpc-devel] How do I go about volunteering as a "release builder", so that we can get rid of the objectively untrue, misleadingly worded "There is no native compiler available for x86_64 Win64. You have to use a cross-compiler" notice on the FPC website?

Tomas Hajny XHajT03 at hajny.biz
Mon Nov 5 18:26:41 CET 2018

 .
> for me, i'm done with this thread now ;)

I'd appreciate if this part of the discussion related to importance of TP
compatibility is finished for everybody.

I understand that the original poster tried to suggest changing
priorities. That may be a valid point, but I'd prefer discussing what
should improve and how rather than whether the current state has good
enough reasons. If prepared this way (e.g. 'I believe that the Features
paragraph on the FPC homepage should be modified to: ..., because ...'),
we may come to an agreement more efficiently than if discussing on purely
theoretical level. Even then, it probably isn't a topic for the fpc-devel
list but rather for fpc-pascal. In addition, I'd like to remind you that
there's a category 'Website' in the bug tracker and that specific possible
improvements may be posted there as well.

Tomas
(one of FPC mailing list moderators)