[fpc-devel] Announcement: NewPascal is back :)
hnb.code at gmail.com
Mon May 7 02:31:02 CEST 2018
first of all I like to thanks for kind e-mails and messages with positive
energy, this was really important for me in my current situation. After
more than one year of lack of updates for NewPascal, NewPascal is back to
life in new version v1.0.55 and I have hope to continue progress. This
version contains fresh, ready to use mORMot and trunk of Lazarus and
modified version of FPC trunk in really lightweight form without needs of
NewPascal is a must: I have ban for FPC core mailing list (no more "Daily
test suite diffs" for me) and I don't have access to trunk without any
rational reason. I am not able to provide any updates, bug fixes nor new
features into FPC trunk.
What is good in current situation :
* Smart pointers / nullable types works, the merge went well and I will
continue my work, any tests and opinions are welcome :) the related library
is : https://github.com/maciej-izak/PascalSmartPointers
What is bad is related to unfinished work for FPC (unexpected end of
* Florian wants cleaning up of Generics.Collections/rtl-generics. Many part
of code inside library should be moved into other packages
* I have few bug fixes for generics (and not only for generics) in advanced
* Managemenet operators are not so cool without default field, there is
* better CI for simple testing has also good progress...
* new more modern website for FPC (with NewPascal as part of official FPC).
* FastRTTI with general speed up for any operations on managed types.
Feature well tested for many platforms...
* Almost all elements were related...
Life Goes On :) I will try to put all puzzles together.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the fpc-devel