[fpc-devel] Request for applying patch #33124

Ondrej Pokorny lazarus at kluug.net
Sat Mar 24 10:15:25 CET 2018

On 22.03.2018 18:47, Jonas Maebe wrote:
> On 22/03/18 16:14, Ondrej Pokorny wrote:
>> it's nothing serious, only a missing Cocoa header definition.
>
> Those headers have been generated automatically. They should never be
> manually patched. Updated versions are indeed needed, but that will
> probably take quite a bit of work. I don't even know where the latest
> version of the header conversion tool is hosted, or which OS headers
> are the latest version it works with.

Is there a chance you could take a look at it and update the header
definitions at some point? We need them for Cocoa updates in the LCL.

For now I solved it with this extension class:

   NSWindow = objcclass external(CocoaAll.NSWindow)
     function backingScaleFactor: CGFloat; message 'backingScaleFactor';
   end;

See
https://svn.freepascal.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/trunk/lcl/interfaces/cocoa/cocoaprivate.pp?root=lazarus&r1=57240&r2=57239&pathrev=57240

But it means a lot of code noise in LCL sources (see the same revision) :/

Ondrej