[fpc-devel] Porting fpc to linux-sparc64

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-devel at telemetry.co.uk
Mon May 29 19:34:00 CEST 2017

On 29/05/17 15:15, Karoly Balogh (Charlie/SGR) wrote:
> Hi,
> On Mon, 29 May 2017, Karoly Balogh (Charlie/SGR) wrote:
>> Plus you need to fix the Makefile.fpc in rtl/linux to include -32 for> SPARC, and regenerate it using fpcmake -Tall. Then everything works. Maybe> it's also possible to just add ASTARGET=-32 into the make command line,> without patching the Makefile. But I did not try this.>> Can you try if you can reproduce this?
> Err, sorry, there's a typo in the previous line I've sent. here's thecorrect one. Also, ASTARGET= override seems to work, so you don't need topatch the sources, you can fix it during build with options.
> Like this:
>  make all ASTARGET=-32 OPT="-ao-32 -Fo/usr/lib32 -Fl/usr/lib32"
> This builds current 3.1.1 SVN with the preinstalled 3.0.2 package on theDebian SPARC64 box without patching anything. Now, if you want to patchthe compiler for this, or simply wire additional options to the packagesupplied fpc.cfg with the right paths and options, that decision is notmine to make. I'm not the Linux maintainer, and even less of a SPARCmaintainer. :)

I'm happy enough to test on the OSes etc. that I've got set up here.

Is it /just/ that command line? Is this going via Mantis?

Whatever, good work everybody. It's a public holiday in the UK- it is in
Berlin as well or is the flurry of work just a coincidence?

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk