[fpc-devel] Porting fpc to linux-sparc64

Karoly Balogh (Charlie/SGR) charlie at scenergy.dfmk.hu
Mon May 29 18:35:23 CEST 2017

Hi,

On Mon, 29 May 2017, Karoly Balogh (Charlie/SGR) wrote:

>  make all ASTARGET=-32 OPT="-ao-32 -Fo/usr/lib32 -Fl/usr/lib32"

So Adrian, I've got a question. Looking at fixing this in the right way,
the linker search paths at least.

What's the right directory to search for libs and objects in a multiarch
system? I can add /lib32;/usr/lib32, etc. to the default library search
path for FPC, but i find references online that's the "old" way, and the
new way should be /usr/lib/<archname>, like sparc64-linux-gnu, and
sparc-linux-gnu... However, this later is lacking on the buildbox, while
there is /lib32... Or are these complementary?

The library search paths seems a bit hardwired in t_linux.pas. I can add
something like /lib32;/usr/lib32;/usr/X11R6/lib32 for all 32bit platforms,
but not sure if that makes sense. I also don't know how "standard" is this
among distros.

Charlie