[fpc-devel] Porting fpc to linux-sparc64

Tomas Hajny XHajT03 at hajny.biz
Mon May 29 14:35:03 CEST 2017

On Mon, May 29, 2017 14:29, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
 .
 .
>> > From the build log:
>> >
>> > as  -o /root/fpc/fpc-3.0.0+dfsg/fpcsrc/rtl/units/sparc-linux/prt0.o
>> sparc/prt0.as
>> > as   -o
>> /root/fpc/fpc-3.0.0+dfsg/fpcsrc/rtl/units/sparc-linux/dllprt0.o
>> sparc/dllprt0.as
>> > as  -o /root/fpc/fpc-3.0.0+dfsg/fpcsrc/rtl/units/sparc-linux/cprt0.o
>> sparc/cprt0.as
>> > as  -o /root/fpc/fpc-3.0.0+dfsg/fpcsrc/rtl/units/sparc-linux/gprt0.o
>> sparc/gprt0.as
>>
>> Err, those are invoked directly from the Makefile, not invoked from
>> inside
>> FPC. But you're right, that will be also a problem... Some platforms
>> still
>> use asm-written startup stubs in FPC. Not all of them tho'. I think
>> these
>> days these startup codes could be written in Pascal anyway, but for
>> Sparc
>> they're not.
>
> But isn't the Makefile generated from fpcmake? :-O

That doesn't make any difference in this case. This part would still need
to be changed in Makefile.fpc; your change affects assembly of files
generated by the compiler from Pascal sources, whereas these loaders are
hand-written in assembler and supplied as part of the RTL sources for the
particular platform.

Tomas