[fpc-devel] Allow record helper inheritance in Delphi mode

Ondrej Pokorny lazarus at kluug.net
Thu Aug 31 17:47:45 CEST 2017

On 31.08.2017 17:22, Sven Barth via fpc-devel wrote:
> > I remember a compiler bug in class destructor order call in Delphi:
> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/19332847/delphi-class-variable-going-out-of-scope-before-class-destructor-is-called
>

> That should get solved once I reworked the unit initialization which
> is the last real blocker for dynamically loading packages.

What I particularly like is that you considered it as a bug and were
open for a discussion from the very beginning - even if the behavior was
Delphi compatible at that point. Not like Embarcadero closing eyes and
ears until they really had to solve it. All kudos to you and the FPC team :)

Maybe Embarcadero changes their record inheritance policy as well at
some point - especially because they introduced record helpers for
primitive types (like TStringHelper). Not having inheritance for them
forbids easy extension of them.

Ondrej