[fpc-devel] Closures / anonymous methods

Blaise at blaise.ru Blaise at blaise.ru
Mon Oct 31 14:58:00 CET 2016

On 31.10.2016 5:30, Zoë Peterson wrote:

> We do need it in FPC proper though, not New Pascal

I was going to ask you to clarify that; thanks.

> Blaise, I'm fine settling up with you if Maciej takes over. Is there a foreseeable schedule for you finishing if he doesn't?

I am ready to allocate a week or two from my schedule in the next month for this, but:
1) I would like a general commitment from the decision-makers to include this. By that I mean A) they want the feature, B) they are ready, in concept, to accept this patch (it may not implement the full support, but it fully implements the core and hardest aspects), provided that we work out the easy details (how to name stuff, where to put it, and blocking bugs -- should we find any).
2) I would like a commitment from at least one of the committers to work closely with me during that period on resolving issues that prevent merging. And by that I mean to be ready to react to my changes/questions within a day/two/three (not a month) as we both go through the list item by item.
Provided that we agree on the two above points, I believe we can have it merged by the end of November.

Not a hard requirement, but, additionally, it would be nice if your staff (at Scooter Software), or someone on this mailing list, took over the formal tests (writing, running, integration).

I would like to emphasise that the stages that depended solely on me (however long they were) have ended last December. Now, collaboration is required from some devs and users who want this feature.

--
βþ