[fpc-devel] Crosscompiling win towards darwin

Karoly Balogh (Charlie/SGR) charlie at scenergy.dfmk.hu
Wed Nov 23 12:40:03 CET 2016

Hi,

On Wed, 23 Nov 2016, Alfred wrote:

> To enable cross from Windows towards Darwin, some changes in FPC were needed.
> They have been added into NewPascal, and can be found here:
> https://github.com/newpascal/freepascal/commit/a99fe9054957d2c42c780c4d05e59c6fbda31621
> Not meant to be 100% correct, but working.

For a starter, if you should do something like:

if target_info.system in [system_i386_darwin,...] then...

instead of $IFDEF-ing HASUNIX. It's just a random idea, but because of
HASUNIX, your patch might have actually broken Win->Linux
crosscompiling... Plus

Also I haven't actually verified this, but if you actually need to use
Unix-style scripting for Win->Darwin crosscompile, you could have just
added an exception somehow to use Unix scripts in that case, instead of
hacking it into the DOS-format scripts like this, really...

TL;DR: if this patch was accepted into NewPascal w/o comments or concerns,
then "ouch"...

Charlie