[fpc-devel] ANN: Management operators - final patch

Maciej Izak hnb.code at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 09:04:26 CET 2016

> Use fpc_Copy for Clone and fpc_Addref for Copy is misleading.

First of all I don't like to have Florian in opposition to this feature ;)
it is a teamwork.

Anyway I agree that this is misleading... But as was suggested by Florian
(as far as I understand):

On the language level Clone and Copy is totally new feature. Users don't
have direct access to FPC_COPY nor FPC_ADDREF. FPC_COPY and FPC_ADDREF
naming is outdated and probably renaming to FPC_CLONE and FPC_COPY is good
idea, but old convention is still in usage for backward compatibility with
old code (for "alias"/"public name" feature).

I can't do much in this matter.
--
Best regards,
Maciej Izak