[fpc-devel] STM32F407 fun

Andrew Haines andrewd207 at aol.com
Sat Mar 19 17:05:58 CET 2016

On 03/19/2016 09:20 AM, Michael Ring wrote:
> OK, seems you are not using trunk or an outdated version of trunk as
> there are quite a number of units for stm32f4 available in current trunk:
>
> stm32f401xx.pp
> stm32f407xx.pp
> stm32f411xe.pp
> stm32f429xx.pp
> stm32f446xx.pp
>
> So I'd recomment to either upgrade to current trunk or at least copy
> the unit specially made for your chip to your installation and compile
> it by adding it to the list of controller units in the embedded rtl
> makefile and changing controllerunitstr to match the correct filename.

Ok I updated. I was using a trunk version from late October. Fpc is
moving pretty fast.

> Good that we agree that 128MB is the right memory size, I first
> thought that you are using trunk and that the 128MB configured in the
> cpuinfo are wrong and instead 112MB is correct.
> I haven't compiled for this chip for a while, I am mostly targeting
> f401, f411 and lately the f469 chips (I really like the STM32F469
> Discovery board) these days...

I've had this board for probably 6 years sitting waiting for me to do
something with it. A year or two ago I got a HD44780 lcd to work with it
using gcc. But didn't go further with it than that. I'm pretty
inexperienced with embedded stuff.

Andrew