[fpc-devel] Bootstrapping aarch64

Alfred alfred at consulab.nl
Sat Mar 19 08:26:06 CET 2016

After a successful install (with fpclazup) of FPC/Lazarus 64bit on an
Odroid-C2 running Arch Linux 64 bit, I have a few questions.

The initial (bootstrap) compiler was build by cross-compiling (trunk)
from Win32 to Aarch64.
Only trunk supports aarch64.

So, bootstrap version is 3.1.1. But trunk may only be build by 3.0.0.

Questions/remarks:

1: As maintainer of fpc(laz)up, I am in need of a public available
bootstrap compiler for aarch64.
2: The version check should be suppressed for aarch64 (atm fpc[laz]up
does suppress the check by itself).
3: Some makefiles of Lazarus where not (yet) able to compile for aarch64
(as I remember correctly: main and lcl/interfaces had no aarch64-linux
target).

Thanks.