[fpc-devel] Twice stored record RTTI data

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 2 07:56:56 CET 2016

Am 02.03.2016 02:28 schrieb "Maciej Izak" <hnb.code at gmail.com>:

>> RTTI table in most of cases includes also most of INIT table data
(probably full copy).

> sidenote: at the moment the generation of RTTI table does not make sense.
INIT table is sufficient also for exploring record RTTI by TypeInfo.

As I already wrote it's not. The INIT table is a subset that only includes
managed fields while the RTTI table also contains unmanaged ones. This way
the helpers don't need to work through larger records that only contain
primitive types.
If that isn't the case then *that* is a bug.

Regards,
Sven